Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    "Conversion-be-gone"
    Exactly 😂! I actually think Conversion-be-gone might be the exact name for the upcoming item.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    439d 3h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    "Conversion-be-gone"

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just curious, why do you want them to be no trade?
    I think @(you need an account to see links) summed it up very nicely! I agree with just about everything said in that post.

There are already no trade items, whether they are NP, NC, there are even no trade glitch pets. I think that if they were to come out with a way to buy the ability to UC any pet, the only logical way to implement that would be to make those pets no trade as well. The other option would be that they can only be used on newly created pets. It doesn’t make sense for the ability to turn ANY pet into an UC and then trade them around like they are normal pets. This would literally be a slap in the face to people who have stuck with the site. People who have been around for years and traded around, built connections, and worked hard to get their dream pets.

In one move, it would completely wipe out a large part of the game. Why would the entirety of the PC stick around and keep playing when they could easily UC their pets with a NC item? We all know the point of UC pets is for status and prestige. It’s the same as life. Everybody wants something to show off, to make others just a tiny bit jealous, to show they have reached a few goals. If you could just UC any pet, teasing would be donezo in a matter of days. The UC market on ck would be done as well, since there would be no point in competing. Many old players would likely just disappear as well if the pets they have had for 10+ years are now available to anybody.

The reasons I can see TNT actually making them tradable is three fold:
    -They have destroyed the value on almost everything else, UC are the next logical step.
    -Entitlement. The attitude of many players atm is one of entitlement. They think it’s unfair people have what they can’t get and will push for things to be rereleased rather than accepting something as “retired”.
    -Money. TNT needs money and they have shown they will squeeze the player base for it wherever they can.

The only question that remains is whether they will shoot themselves in the foot with this decision.
    Last edited by I_royalty_I; 06-21-2023 at 05:58 AM.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

howdy (06-21-2023),Ice (06-21-2023),Sakuras (06-21-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-25-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    189 times
    Time Online
    47d 16h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    If there was a UC converter item, I think they'd either make it very limited or a tad expensive? UCs are almost the last valuable thing remaining on the site as all avatar items can be purchased legally or illegally. Legit UCs are the last thing left with bragging rights. If they release a UC converter, that's pretty much their value gone completely if anyone can have one.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    439d 3h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    If there was a UC converter item, I think they'd either make it very limited or a tad expensive? UCs are almost the last valuable thing remaining on the site as all avatar items can be purchased legally or illegally. Legit UCs are the last thing left with bragging rights. If they release a UC converter, that's pretty much their value gone completely if anyone can have one.
    My thoughts exactly. If TNT has proven anything, it’s that they don’t really care about killing the value on anything considered even remotely valuable. They are either out of touch with their actual game mechanics, or don’t care. It’s gotta be one of the two. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the ability to UC pets was rolled out in an equally unthought through manner; one intended to milk the player base of whatever money they can.

Its kind of funny how this is even a conversation when for the longest time they claimed they could not turn pets back into UCs.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

6. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (06-27-2023)

Pronouns
    it/its
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 10h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Curious to see if anything changes since it's still ultimately under NetDragon... hopefully for the better FluffyDogStudios seems to rly care for the island builder game tho so I think it's a good sign if any.

Pronouns
    he/him 🧍
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    443 times
    Time Online
    255d 19h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 53m
    Not me looking more into NetDragon and finding out that their headquarters looks like a freaking starship, lol! You guys have to check this out. It's super cool-looking (Enterprise). I wanna work there now. 😂😂 Also, they were originally only interested in acquiring JumpStart because of Neopets. I was a little worried in the beginning, but I really think they will do just fine with any studio under their wings. Neopets forever!

Last edited by Zenitsu; 07-05-2023 at 06:09 PM.
    Slowpoke! 💧🌊💙ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤBrittany Buizel GangㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤK-Pop Idol Icy 🧊 ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤAri 🌸ㅤㅤ Bat Fanclub *squeak* 🦇
    💻💊😎 Join the Nyanomatrix. ㅤㅤDuke & Ditah 🐕 Clefairy ⚡ 😭 Wooloo 🐑 Howdy 🤠🐦

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zenitsu For This Useful Post:

Buizel (07-05-2023),Crooked (07-05-2023),Ice (07-06-2023),Jesuslovescats (07-05-2023),kittyray (07-05-2023),Sakuras (07-07-2023),tcas4200 (07-05-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenitsu View Post
    Not me, looking more into NetDragon and finding out that their headquarters looks like a freaking starship, lol! You guys have to check this out. It's super cool-looking (Enterprise). I wanna work there now. 😂😂 Also, they were originally only interested in acquiring JumpStart because of Neopets. I was a little worried in the beginning, but I really think they will do just fine. Neopets forever!

That is dope as hell!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (07-05-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    22d 1h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    NetDragon has owned Neopets for quite some time BTW, they owned Jumpstart / sigh / at least since 2017

14. The Following User Says Thank You to parakeet For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (07-05-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,171 times
    Time Online
    564d 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenitsu View Post
    Not me looking more into NetDragon and finding out that their headquarters looks like a freaking starship, lol! You guys have to check this out. It's super cool-looking (Enterprise). I wanna work there now. 😂😂 Also, they were originally only interested in acquiring JumpStart because of Neopets. I was a little worried in the beginning, but I really think they will do just fine with any studio under their wings. Neopets forever!

Oh, that's fun! Wonder if they're hiring. 😂
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (07-05-2023)