10/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 19h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m

Cool returning player, hello!!

I used to lurk the Neocodex forums a lot back in the day, my Neopets account is 16~17 years old so that should give an idea. Recently got back to playing Neopets and noticed the site was gone, but was lucky to find y'all here! I'm really happy to meet y'all, I look forward to lurking here as well B)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    259 times
    Time Online
    30d 1h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    lurk as much as youd like! its much better talking tho. people here so nice and wonderful. literally always helping. glad you posted! hope you have a good time navigating cK!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    701 times
    Time Online
    219d 1h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Welcome to cK, @(you need an account to see links).

What are some of your favorite things to do on Neopets? Any favorite hobbies? Great reads or binge-streams recently?

While you can lurk on cK, it’s more fun to join in the ryugotchi club (little tamagotchi like pets that live in a userbar, that you can interact with), collect userbars, share music, discuss passion projects, and that’s just the start. Like Excalibur said, we are happy to help if you have any questions.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 19h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Aaawe, that's so sweet ;A; I hope it's ok if I reply to everyone on the thread, because all these friendly messages are making me feel right at home! Thank you so much for the warm welcome, this feels like such a solid community already

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Oh man, I hope my answers aren't too lame, I gotta give a decent first impression- honestly I love collecting. The problem is that I can't make up my mind on what to collect so I end up having a little bit of many things instead of a lot of a specific thing JDFJDGJFDJFG So I have some stamps, got a bunch of cards for my Neodeck, stuffed my SDB with band merch and Usuki variants, set up a gallery with different slushie types and retired items- it's kind of addicting?? I didn't grow out of this game at all apparently.

For hobbies, I work on a webcomic as co-writer and storyboarder so definitely all sorts of art :'D I'm a translator on the side too, so sometimes I'll translate songs and such for fun! I once translated an entire artist's discography just so my friend (who doesn't speak English) could enjoy the lyrics aswgvsadhb Also, :b:ideogames. I play a little bit of everything, from RPGmaker classics like Mad Father to stuff like Cuphead or Genshin Impact. I'm particularly fond of Ace Attorney and anything related to mysteries Oh and I wasn't just a Neopets kid, I was into Club Penguin too, VERY nostalgic. As for MMORPGs from around that time, I played a lot of Ragnarök Online and Grand Chase- SORRY I'm done, I just got excited.

We recently got a puppy who's a little demon so I haven't had the time to consume a lot of media lately BUT I have read the first three Heartstopper books and binge-watched Bocchi the Rock! I also need to catch up on the Spy x Family manga but 24 hours in a day is just not enough I aim the question right back at ya if you'd like to answer, give me all your current recs of all shapes and sizes >:3

OH LORD (/positive), those tamagotchi sites had such a grip on me when I was younger too. I was into so many of them at once. The urge to C O L L E C T. So I can guarantee I'll at the very least check it out and probably get way too attached. And again, this seems like such a solid community, I feel like it's just a matter of time before I end up talking about all sorts of stuff here eheheh THANK YOU SO MUCH!

- - - Updated - - -

Aaah thank you so much!!! Honestly, with an upcoming maintenance, as well as the "new era" dawning upon us I'm just reverting back to a kid. Neopets really brings out the childlike wonder in my brain. Here's to a lot more adventures on this funky little site <3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to marvelousmarvin For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (08-20-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    16h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    hi! nice to meet you
    im the same i've just been lurking but hey we gotta talk sometime

hope youve had a warm welcome so far

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    422 times
    Time Online
    86d 14h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    Welcome to the forum Marvin! Neopets it's going through some changes and hopefully for the good!

If you have any doubts don't be afraid to ask

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    48d 13h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 2m
    Welcome Marvin! I picked up Neopets again 3 years ago after stopping for more than 10 years. I love collecting things too including Usukis. I hope you have a fun time here and in the world of Neopets.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    456 times
    Time Online
    64d 19h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmarvin View Post
    Aaawe, that's so sweet ;A; I hope it's ok if I reply to everyone on the thread, because all these friendly messages are making me feel right at home! Thank you so much for the warm welcome, this feels like such a solid community already

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Oh man, I hope my answers aren't too lame, I gotta give a decent first impression- honestly I love collecting. The problem is that I can't make up my mind on what to collect so I end up having a little bit of many things instead of a lot of a specific thing JDFJDGJFDJFG So I have some stamps, got a bunch of cards for my Neodeck, stuffed my SDB with band merch and Usuki variants, set up a gallery with different slushie types and retired items- it's kind of addicting?? I didn't grow out of this game at all apparently.

For hobbies, I work on a webcomic as co-writer and storyboarder so definitely all sorts of art :'D I'm a translator on the side too, so sometimes I'll translate songs and such for fun! I once translated an entire artist's discography just so my friend (who doesn't speak English) could enjoy the lyrics aswgvsadhb Also, :b:ideogames. I play a little bit of everything, from RPGmaker classics like Mad Father to stuff like Cuphead or Genshin Impact. I'm particularly fond of Ace Attorney and anything related to mysteries Oh and I wasn't just a Neopets kid, I was into Club Penguin too, VERY nostalgic. As for MMORPGs from around that time, I played a lot of Ragnarök Online and Grand Chase- SORRY I'm done, I just got excited.

We recently got a puppy who's a little demon so I haven't had the time to consume a lot of media lately BUT I have read the first three Heartstopper books and binge-watched Bocchi the Rock! I also need to catch up on the Spy x Family manga but 24 hours in a day is just not enough I aim the question right back at ya if you'd like to answer, give me all your current recs of all shapes and sizes >:3

OH LORD (/positive), those tamagotchi sites had such a grip on me when I was younger too. I was into so many of them at once. The urge to C O L L E C T. So I can guarantee I'll at the very least check it out and probably get way too attached. And again, this seems like such a solid community, I feel like it's just a matter of time before I end up talking about all sorts of stuff here eheheh THANK YOU SO MUCH!

- - - Updated - - -

Aaah thank you so much!!! Honestly, with an upcoming maintenance, as well as the "new era" dawning upon us I'm just reverting back to a kid. Neopets really brings out the childlike wonder in my brain. Here's to a lot more adventures on this funky little site <3
    Oh, a translator! This is something that we don't see here a lot!
    I'm doing a lot of translations! Only as a hobby though (since there is no real money in it as a job ), but I take it very seriously. I'm fansubbing anime for 15 years at this point
    I also really like to translate random songs or interviews and such, and also Disney songs dubbed in my own language back to English lol

Anyway, welcome to ck! I hope you'll be on the active side rather than just lurking, you seem like a very interesting person ^~^

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

marvelousmarvin (08-22-2023)

Pronouns
    KJ
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    213 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Hello fellow ex-neocodex lurker , i do lurk over there back then but i shifted to cK since i forgot how long ago haha. Do enjoy your stay here and have fun with ryus