72/0
    Mentioned
    104 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by heathen View Post
    I totally get that. I'm not a big fan of jumpscares either. They feel cheap. I prefer a scare that crawls into my brain, gets real comfortable, and eats at me for a long time after the movie ends. (inb4 pretentious af lol)

I haven't seen that one, but I know it's been on my radar before! I'll have to bump it up my list and let you know when I get around to watching it.
    That feel cheap, indeed!
    Yes, you really need to watch the movie!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Welcome back! Classic neo was such a vibe. Im glaf theres all this news of a huge "update"

what did you like to do on neo back in the day?
    Yes, hopefully they finally start delivering on a few of these big promises they've been making!

Avatars were my main love on Neo. I was ALWAYS on the AC. Avatar Simon Says and the other various forum games are fond memories. My big goal was always to eventually get the top avatar collector avatar which I finally got by some fluke (during a month with an extraordinarily low minimum on reset) not too long ago. I also loved a lot of the flash games, many of which were some of the first of their kind I had ever played as a kid. Also a big fan of NeoQuest. Not the most exciting game on the site, but I enjoy the chill pace, being able to multitask while playing, and strategizing to build the perfect team or skillset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Welcome to the forum heathen ck Indeed it's a nostalgic reminder of the old forums that were very popular some years ago.

If you like cooking you're gonna enjoy here, from to time there are cooking challenges

I'm not sure how it will go for neopets but let's cross the fingers for a good change. I hope to see you around, the summer popsicles are active now and it seems you've already caught one
    Ooh, cooking challenges? Color me intrigued. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for those! I recently just made my first layer cake since high school for my daughter's first birthday. I was trying to cut some costs and didn't feel like spending money on a smash cake. I was actually really happy with how it turned out. Nothing earth-shattering, but surprisingly cute and very tasty! Usually I'm more of a cookie person these days, but I think I'm going to have to do some more cakes in the future so I can brush up on my decorating skills!

And speaking of popsicles - it looks like another one just showed up. Haha, they're absolutely adorable~ I love how everyone's user bars have such nice color themes to them. Looking forward to curating my own little set.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heathen For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-17-2023),Excalibur (07-17-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    422 times
    Time Online
    86d 21h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m

Ooh, cooking challenges? Color me intrigued. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for those! I recently just made my first layer cake since high school for my daughter's first birthday. I was trying to cut some costs and didn't feel like spending money on a smash cake. I was actually really happy with how it turned out. Nothing earth-shattering, but surprisingly cute and very tasty! Usually I'm more of a cookie person these days, but I think I'm going to have to do some more cakes in the future so I can brush up on my decorating skills!

And speaking of popsicles - it looks like another one just showed up. Haha, they're absolutely adorable~ I love how everyone's user bars have such nice color themes to them. Looking forward to curating my own little set.
    Omg welcome to the ryugotchi club, you have an egg! Have you look at the Ryu thread yet? There's a whole section dedicated to the digital ck pets

I think you're gonna fit in well here, all years there are different fun events and the forever userbars hunting. I'm going to drop you 2 useful threads that will keep you entertained if you like avatar related stuff

(you need an account to see links)

Hope you get lots of fun

@(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) new ryu parent alert

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (07-17-2023),heathen (07-18-2023),Ice (07-17-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    189 times
    Time Online
    47d 16h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Welcome back! You'll enjoy this community and the 'technical assistance' on offer!

The early 2000's vibe here is amazing, and it's a huge nostalgia factor for me just like with Neopets itself. Looking forward to seeing you around!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    456 times
    Time Online
    64d 19h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Hi heathen, welcome back!

I totally agree with you about forums being gems you can really find anymore. That's why I'm so grateful we still have ck, that hosts a lot of activities and challenges, userbars system and ofc the ryugotchi... this place is just so much fun

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Omg welcome to the ryugotchi club, you have an egg! Have you look at the Ryu thread yet? There's a whole section dedicated to the digital ck pets

I think you're gonna fit in well here, all years there are different fun events and the forever userbars hunting. I'm going to drop you 2 useful threads that will keep you entertained if you like avatar related stuff

Hope you get lots of fun

@(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) new ryu parent alert
    Woohoo! Thank you! The ryus are SO cute. I was up in bed last night taking care of all the ones on the parent page from A-D trying to earn my own lol. Finally went to sleep right after I noticed my egg had come in.

The userbars are definitely about to become my new addiction, I'm sure. Not a whole lot of avatar hunting left for me on Neo besides new releases now (and if they fix broken games). This will surely scratch that itch for me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to heathen For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-18-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    422 times
    Time Online
    86d 21h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    Woohoo! Thank you! The ryus are SO cute. I was up in bed last night taking care of all the ones on the parent page from A-D trying to earn my own lol. Finally went to sleep right after I noticed my egg had come in.

The userbars are definitely about to become my new addiction, I'm sure. Not a whole lot of avatar hunting left for me on Neo besides new releases now (and if they fix broken games). This will surely scratch that itch for me.
    Congratulations you got a birdie and some new scenes from what I see

It seems at least some flash games are going to return on neopets by adding Ruffle, it would be nice to have them available without having to do other stuff just to be able to play.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,877 times
    Time Online
    565d 14h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 12m
    Hello everyone! I'm a longtime lurker of clraik after originally being attracted by the allure of some "technical assistance" in achieving a few game avatars. I wasn't too bad at earning many of them myself back in the day, but there were a few elusive ones that I ended up needing a little help getting. No shame in my game!

I joined Neo when I was still in the single digits and have recently entered my thirties (yikes). Still have a massive soft spot for the site even as broken as it is now. I've still got a shred of hope that someday at least SOME of the site will be functioning again. Fingers crossed (the recent announcements look promising!).

In my personal life I enjoy cooking and baking, learning new hoop dance and jump rope tricks, reading (a bit of everything, but mostly sci-fi and fantasy), and watching pretentious horror/thriller movies.

I'm really looking forward to engaging more with the little community here. You all seem so very friendly! Reminds me a lot of the late-oughts to early-2010s forums I used to frequent as a teen. It's so hard to find that on the internet these days. Anyway, I'll see you around~
    Welcome to the community, heathen!

We've got everything you could imagine for Neo, and then some! Outside of botting, there's a plethora of content you could dive into that may interest you... as I'm sure you're already aware of.

Very cool to see you enjoying the userbars and unlocking more of 'em. Hope to see you around throughout the year. Cheers ~
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------